Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Just wondering if anyone has purchased a set of these from the Tire Man or other vendors. I am looking for a 10 ply tire at a decent price, and these are by far the cheapest. They have a similar tread pattern of the BF Goodrich. Looking for anyone who has heard or experienced positive things with these tires.
My truck runs 275/55/20, so little is offered in a 10 ply under 1500.00 buckarroos.
Thanks for any input!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Road cruzas dont wear well. You might get 15k out of them if rotate frequently. Ive got a set of 35x12.5 r18 mijonir anvils i had shipped down from alberta for 900 to door tax in but again only going to get 15k out of them. Ive been told that the falcon wild peaks will last 90k kms and are 1500 tax in from ntyce motor sports in sackville. The next set ill be buying is the falcons

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1500.00 seems to be the average price. 1000.00 bucks for 15,000 kms is a bit high. I will be towing our 34 foot travel trailer back to Alberta, so I want a tougher tire to do it with this time around but don’t want to wear them out on the trip there lol.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Look into the falcon wild peaks for affordable tires that last. Ive had 4 sets of bfg all terrains and loved them but the price and availablity of them has gone through the roof since the pandemic started

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Look into the falcon wild peaks for affordable tires that last. Ive had 4 sets of bfg all terrains and loved them but the price and availablity of them has gone through the roof since the pandemic started
No kidding, I had those as well as Good year Duratracs in 8 ply on my last truck. In order to get those brands in 8 or 10 ply, I need to go up in size in which shops don’t like to put on if your truck doesn’t call for it. Price goes up as well. Gonna shop around but may have to bite that bullet😖

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
Roadcruzas are soft tires , wear out fast , daughter bought a set of 4 and got maybe 10-12k before bald to the wires , she put them on after a brand new front end , install ( uppers / lowers , inners , outters , lower control arms , and sway bar links ) rotated twice at 5k with oil change and did not make it to a 3rd oil change when wires started poking thru .installed on her Jeep , complete waste of money they were .

They are great if selling a vehicle and tires on it are worn and want cheap set , other than that , stay away !

My self I run LT Cooper Discover AT3 17 's and less money than $1500 when on sale plus 90k rating

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I bought a set of Antares, AT's 275/55/20 for my Truck from the Tire Man. All in was around $700.00. Free Shipping. They have over 40 K on them at this point with tons of tread left..

·
Registered
13,649 Posts
My experience with these is you get what you pay for. When my daughter worked at the tire shop part time I ran the Michelin Defender LTX M/S and they were wonderful and the best I have run so far especially if wear is a concern
Once she moved on and I no longer had a discount I switched to the same coopers as Walter and they also worked very well
Have a set of generals on now but only 6 months old so cannot really comment on those yet they are grabber HST I think
Mine are 265/65/18 and I only run these 1/2 the year or so since I have another set of rims with studded snow tires for the winter
I am a few months now looking for a new set of snow tires either priced to the OMG or don't exist in 18"
Cheers

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
I have no experience with that brand of tires. Being a “Michelin man” for over 30 years … I ran BF Goodrich All Terrain’s for a number of years, They looked cool … but they wore out fast, and if they plugged with snow, they were like racing slicks. Last fall, I put a set of Michelin LTX A/T‘s on. They are a great tire IMO. They still look brand new. Excellent in the snow as well. Not sure of the cost … but I will definitely be putting them back on when these wear out.

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
I have ra1100's on my truck now. They are well worth the money considering the alternative. They are close in thread pattern to BFG Ko2's but cost significantly less. I have 20,000 on mine and wear was proving very reasonable. However, my lower front ball joints went and the fronts got scalloped all to hell making them noisey and rough. I just replaced the ball joints and have two new ra1100's that just arrived this Thursday. My tires are LT165/70r17. KO2's were selling for 1400-1500 a set and these were $610 to my door. Hard to justify the difference given that KO2's won't last me much longer. I rotate tires every 9-10 thousand.

·
Registered
13,649 Posts
I have no experience with that brand of tires. Being a “Michelin man” for over 30 years … I ran BF Goodrich All Terrain’s for a number of years, They looked cool … but they wore out fast, and if they plugged with snow, they were like racing slicks. Last fall, I put a set of Michelin LTX A/T‘s on. They are a great tire IMO. They still look brand new. Excellent in the snow as well. Not sure of the cost … but I will definitely be putting them back on when these wear out.
Sweet Jesus. It cannot be I love Michelin's also and ran them 100% when I had friends/ family that worked at the plant and the daughter at a tire place
Sadly now all retired at Michelin and daughter in health care so no more deals

Cheers

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
One of the perks of working for Michelin are the ”free” tires. Not exactly free … we had to pay the tax on them. (Taxable benefit). I haven’t actually bought a set of tires in my life, and probably never will, as we are entitled to 2 sets every 5 years. Another “perk” … 30 years and out … which enabled me to retire at the ripe old age of 51.

·
Registered
13,649 Posts
One of the perks of working for Michelin are the ”free” tires. Not exactly free … we had to pay the tax on them. (Taxable benefit). I haven’t actually bought a set of tires in my life, and probably never will, as we are entitled to 2 sets every 5 years. Another “perk” … 30 years and out … which enabled me to retire at the ripe old age of 51.
Yep an excellent benefit and many times 5 years you got out of a set
I was quite familiar with the belt lines in the NG plant and spent many hours there with the mato belt splicing with clifford??
Cheers

1 - 15 of 15 Posts