Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure what it is like in your area but sure has been one hell of a good year for the town deer here
Just in the past week seen one doe with a fawn, then two with twins and then one with triplets
Three bucks and three that we know of taken with cars
They are all over the place
Cheers
This was mama and the triplets
Plant Sky Cloud Infrastructure Window

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
The towns and small communities are crawling with deer. They are all “unshootable”. They multiply like rabbits. Most of the urban deer would not know how to survive in the woods. They fear nothing.

·
Administrator
10,115 Posts
The towns and small communities are crawling with deer. They are all “unshootable”. They multiply like rabbits. Most of the urban deer would not know how to survive in the woods. They fear nothing.
absolutely right BM

·
Registered
6,453 Posts
Numbers appear to be down in my subdivision not seeing nearly as many as in past yrs. Thinking DLF did a secret cull,lol.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Seeing lots as usual. Especially some nice bucks out in daylight. They seem to love whatever grows just beyond my lawn, need to transport that same browse to the woods somehow.

·
GREYBEARD
2,904 Posts
Meanwhile back in the sticks we still have Deer, but they are way more skittish than the urban counterparts and they don't always look both ways for traffic like in town.

·
Registered
14,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Some may laugh but I have seen them looking side to side crossing coming into my yard many times :)

·
GREYBEARD
2,904 Posts
I was trying to be smart with my reply, but I have seen the same thing on occasion.

·
Registered
14,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
In all my years have never seen one in the middle of down town like this. They are everywhere this year
Plant Fawn Terrestrial animal Deer Grass

Cheers

·
Registered
14,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks like he has a girl friend now :D:D and doing some moving around
Car Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Tire

1 - 12 of 12 Posts