Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
6,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Nola news but new to me. The use of trail cams for hunting has been banned in Arizona and other states are now considering the same. Arizona says the use of TC is not fair chase. Will we follow suit here
Is this the beginning of the end for technology in hunting

·
Registered
6,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
First line should read - old news but new to me

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
Unpoliceable.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
They might be banned … which I highly doubt … but would be un-policeable, as nomad states. Just like natural scents … illegal to use, but some places still sell them. When I asked the owner of the store about it … he said illegal to use, but still legal to sell.

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
makes sense when you see the issues some of the tech caused in those western places. A lot different terrain than here.

a lot of those western places also have large non-motorized areas, no baiting , etc.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
they are used a lot for security so like others have said impossible to enforce

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
I know a few people who do not hunt period , but are avid outdoors men and women and use them for Photography/Video reasons only as a hobby , I'd say the argument is there for them to continue to use them and hard to enforce .

What next road side checks to stop transporting of Trail Cams, as stated many people buy them for security reasons , guess next you have to post a sign for the animals they are not permitted to be in the photos of the landscape .

·
Registered
15,686 Posts
Nothing is impossible or difficult to police and track in these times with the technology out there if they want to enforce it but I cannot see them going there.
No more baiting will be first IMO if any thing
Do spypoint owners have an account??
Cheers

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Nothing is impossible or difficult to police and track in these times with the technology out there if they want to enforce it but I cannot see them going there.
No more baiting will be first IMO if any thing
Do spypoint owners have an account??
Cheers
Unless CWD comes here baiting will continue. It's a safer hunt and it brings in loads of money to people who do the selling of bait.

Yeah you have an account if using a cell cam, but not if you have a cam that is SD card only.

·
GREYBEARD
3,057 Posts
I don't see that happening here. and if it did it would be unpoliceable like nomad said.

·
Registered
15,686 Posts
Unless CWD comes here baiting will continue. It's a safer hunt and it brings in loads of money to people who do the selling of bait.

Yeah you have an account if using a cell cam, but not if you have a cam that is SD card only.
It is already banned in BC, Manitoba, Alberta and SASK is looking at doing it maybe others also long time since I checked
Cheers

·
Registered
198 Posts
I agree, it would be hard to police trail cams. I have never seen one, however, on the job sites up north, I have heard that they have a hand held device that detects cell phone signals in areas that cell phones are off limits. This could work in detecting ones that have a cell phone signal but this would require a CO to be in the woods during hunting season so I don't think there would be huge cause for worry:p

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
NS doesn't care about hunting, no money is put into it from a gov't perspective, the restrictions and penalties are lax when it comes to anything. IMO they aren't going to do anything cause doing something costs money.

·
Registered
15,686 Posts
NS doesn't care about hunting, no money is put into it from a gov't perspective, the restrictions and penalties are lax when it comes to anything. IMO they aren't going to do anything cause doing something costs money.
Agree NS could not careless about hunting but they sure care about what the tree hugger groups say and their votes
We have been lucky that one hasn't grabbed onto this so far and started their unfair chase crap
One woman just about got all lead shot and bullets banned here. Think about that or why we don't have wild turkey or sunday hunting 100%

·
Registered
408 Posts
Once they put in place the new Hunter Safety card system they might start looking into this. So maybe in 40 or 50 years? 😅

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
B4 ANY of the Tree Huggers start to lobby banning Trail Cams , they best lobby to TOTALLY BAN CLEAR CUTTING FIRST AND FOREMOST , yes its a so call ban already that is NOT enforced by any means . I can show anyone a new clear cut on Crown land that decimated that particular area AND allowed run off ( Silt / Mud ) out onto a Provincial Highway several inches deep and no recourse to clean it up or stop that operation while doing so .

That very thing continues , we won't have any trees to put up a trail cam to watch wildlife

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
B4 ANY of the Tree Huggers start to lobby banning Trail Cams , they best lobby to TOTALLY BAN CLEAR CUTTING FIRST AND FOREMOST , yes its a so call ban already that is NOT enforced by any means . I can show anyone a new clear cut on Crown land that decimated that particular area AND allowed run off ( Silt / Mud ) out onto a Provincial Highway several inches deep and no recourse to clean it up or stop that operation while doing so .

That very thing continues , we won't have any trees to put up a trail cam to watch wildlife
Totally agree on this, they claim they don't clear cut and then it's like a bomb went off in the woods in these clear cuts.

·
Registered
15,686 Posts
All I am saying is it doesn't take to much in NS for something to be banned if the right people or group grab onto something
Remember we are the leading edge Province for others to follow
How many times have I heard that BS
Cannot wait to see what stance they put on handguns here
Me IMHO it will be bait piles before trail cams IF it ever happens
I didnot realize until today they are banned in BC already

Our pals already went after drones :(
Cheers

1 - 20 of 42 Posts