Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Where i typically hunt in Oxford, i sit on the edge of a berry field, theres an old orchard at one end. I typically sit back to the orchard watching the field so im not shooting towards the house or the road 100m away. That edge has provided more than half my deer in 20 years
If i was not on that edge i was down the road sitting under a spruce in a cow pasture with apple trees on 3 sides. Hundreds of pounds of apples on the ground around me and a steady stream of deer until the land was sold to a city boy who wanted a place to hunt.

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Don’t think baiting will be banned just said it would be a huge victory for the anti’s.
the thread - have we gone too far” - just got me thinking about things I read before so did a bit of searching. Lots of technology out there like scopes that can take all the guess work out of shooting ( range dial shoot systems) then smartguns that eliminates human error , heat sensing system that help locate wildlife ,drones and cell cams. The list goes on and will continue to increase making it easier and easier to harvest animals. B&C and P&Y have taken their stance, anything on the list above is not permitted by their fair chase rules as well as any animal shot on ranch style hunting places no matter how big the ranch or hunting area is.
We as hunters must follow the laws where we hunt but we also need to make ethical chooses, the two are not always the same.

Reactions: 3macs1
41 - 42 of 42 Posts