Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Figure I put this here as we are very avid hikers when we get the chance to go explore a little , Cape Breton for one has some great trails and scenery , as we also travel N.B several times a yr we try different trails where ever , Fredricton alone has more trails than a person can imagine with in the city itself , but getting back to here on the cape we went to Tenerife Peak also know as Theodore Fricker mountain on the Bay St. lawrence Road well lets say good hiking boots , along with hiking stick helps and good will power to complete , some spots are 30-40 degree incline on the trail , lots loose rocks due to trail weaves thru rock slide area but the views say it all once up there , 2 km trek thru the forest floor valley and then up the side of the mountain you go ! Real climb is last 250 yards or so in gets intense , few pics for your enjoyment , oh almost forgot its also a Geo Cache spot for those doing such with GPS
thanks for looking

·
Registered
54 Posts
Agree. Very nice pictures. A question - What GPS do you use, if any?

I ask because I just picked up a Garmin GPSMAP 64sx on sale at Bass Pro and am returning it. Not a bad unit but the map is total crap. They call the map Topoactive but its neither in my opinion. To get anything useful you have to spend $115 including the tax. The maps in Garmin's older units are better IMO. I have an old Garmin eTrex 20 that still works so will keep using it until it dies I guess.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Funny you mention a Garmin etrex 20 bought one yrs ago for back up to my Magellan , t he Magellan crapped itself and etrex is still going . Bought second one last yr when Walmart sold them off cheap .
The geo cache was bonus to the trip , never took gps for this trip , no maps for this trail but its one of those trails listed for a must see in Cape Breton , as for the pics them selves , snapped with my Samsung smart phone .

·
GREYBEARD
2,904 Posts
Very nice pictures !

·
Administrator
10,120 Posts
WOWZERS !!! ...BREATH TAKING PICS Walter !! Thanks for being the pack mule and taking the time to share with us grounded antiques !

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
WOWZERS !!! ...BREATH TAKING PICS Walter !! Thanks for being the pack mule and taking the time to share with us grounded antiques !
Thanks Kevin !
Just trying positive post Kevin and share little bit of what I'm really about and who I am

·
Administrator
10,120 Posts
yea...that last friggen bit up to the flag was a killer !

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
3 beaches there , far right , South Harbour beach , middle is Dingwall harbour beach , far left is Capstick beach

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
so many beauty spots to go.

see they opened the gondola, little further down the coast, in Ingonish. Be some good views for those who dont/cant do the hiking thing.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Gondola was closed due to high winds that day , $44.95 plus your HST , Breton Air service is $1,030 plus taxes per person for 1 hour when we inquired up to group of 5 at once 🙄🙄🙄🙄

·
Administrator
10,120 Posts
50 bucks would be worth it IMHO....cripes, that's only a couple cups of Tims and a few kids meals at McDees now !!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts