Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious , I have 2 330's and 2 280's and a trap basket that I know I won't be using, have people interested in them but have no idea of the worth of them. They were used before I bought them, were waxed and never used when I bought them and still have never been set. Used but still in great condition. The trap basket is in great condition also. Just have no idea on what I should offer for them, any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Just curious , I have 2 330's and 2 280's and a trap basket that I know I won't be using, have people interested in them but have no idea of the worth of them. They were used before I bought them, were waxed and never used when I bought them and still have never been set. Used but still in great condition. The trap basket is in great condition also. Just have no idea on what I should offer for them, any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
You say you will never use. You have 4 tree cubbies traps just waiting to hold your first cat. New traps are about $25 at the workshop. Used will be worth $10-$15

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I cannot find a name, stamp or anything esle on any of the traps to idetify the brand, any ideas?

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
I've been shopping for traps as well and so far I've had a tough time. Prices around NS "new" are high compared to other parts of the country and I havent had any luck with 2nd hand offers....guys either want too much or the traps are junk.

I just returned from a work trip in Buffalo and filled one of my carry on bags with a few sets. Total cost, $89 with taxes.

I plan to bring a bag home each trip this spring.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice haul Markus, like the gear, odd there not already offset where they are new traps. No need if your drowing them, just find it odd new traps not modded.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Nice markus, I usually pick up some stuff when I go to the states, usually about half price compared to prices here.

Most US states don't require any mods to their traps, they didn't sign up for the AIHTS stuff.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
See i'm not to sure on this offset/laminate thing, how many swivels would you need in order not to have to offset or Lam? As for the fox, not sure what you meant there, drowning sets I do know need no offsetting. Thanks.

·
Registered
216 Posts
If you're traps have no id on them, probably worth 10 bucks. Markus, that is a decent starter kit of Dukes. The # 1 long springs will probably need a bit of weight to reliably drown muskrats and for sure mink. I have found out that with most things, you get what you pay for. The more expensive traps, especially conibears of the Magnum jaw description, are worth it. Belleisles, ldl, savageu, bridger etc. I have lost count of how many muskrats I have caught in my 330 belleisle magnums by the tail or foot and there have been a good number of foot or tail catches of beaver which will not happen with a duke. You will have an empty trap and an educated critter. Brand new belleisle 330's can be had at the convention for 30 bucks tax in. It only takes one good beaver or a couple muskrats to pay for it. I took deliver today of a box of sauvageau 2001-12's, a wicked looking trap. 12" x 12" for big runs or that educated beaver I am trying to nail for a friend. 45 bucks each, but I expect to be able to pass them on to my kids. Happy Trapping, with any luck we will get some decent weather like last year and you can take a run at spring beaver and rats. Cheers, CD

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.