Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
If you're traps have no id on them, probably worth 10 bucks. Markus, that is a decent starter kit of Dukes. The # 1 long springs will probably need a bit of weight to reliably drown muskrats and for sure mink. I have found out that with most things, you get what you pay for. The more expensive traps, especially conibears of the Magnum jaw description, are worth it. Belleisles, ldl, savageu, bridger etc. I have lost count of how many muskrats I have caught in my 330 belleisle magnums by the tail or foot and there have been a good number of foot or tail catches of beaver which will not happen with a duke. You will have an empty trap and an educated critter. Brand new belleisle 330's can be had at the convention for 30 bucks tax in. It only takes one good beaver or a couple muskrats to pay for it. I took deliver today of a box of sauvageau 2001-12's, a wicked looking trap. 12" x 12" for big runs or that educated beaver I am trying to nail for a friend. 45 bucks each, but I expect to be able to pass them on to my kids. Happy Trapping, with any luck we will get some decent weather like last year and you can take a run at spring beaver and rats. Cheers, CD

1 - 2 of 2 Posts