Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 59 Posts
What some call untruths and dangerous rhetoric, another would have called wrong-think. Ideas are not dangerous. Thoughts aren't dangerous, unless you are worried about overthrow. 50 years ago, the idea that someone could choose their gender was unthinkable. Now it is commonplace. Should those 50 years ago called it a dangerous untruth and prosecuted it? Not a one of you knows the truth. You have bits and pieces. The problem is when you think you know it all and judge others who have a different piece. Remember the parable of the 4 blind men describing the elephant?

"What some call untruths and dangerous rhetoric, another would have called wrong-think."

What you call the immaculate conception, I would call a fantastical fairytale. What's your point?

And I completely disagree. When warped ideas and thoughts are fomented into actions by weak minded people they certainly are dangerous. Plus we aren't talking about thoughts, we are talking unfounded accusations and claims made on a public forum. As I noted previously, that vile shit should stay in his head where it belongs. Otherwise be accepting of the response received, even if not the self-affirming response you desire. ;)

As to who or what another individual identifies as has no impact on my life, anymore than it does yours. I fail to see the connection you are trying to make, aside from interject your religious beliefs into the conversation.

I guess that's another in-depth conversation we'll have to forego. How you reconcile your religious beliefs with your dual claim to be 'all about the science'? Just kidding. I really don't care.

When warped ideas and thoughts are fomented into actions by weak minded people they certainly are dangerous.
That is exactly what is happening today. Crazy warped ideas and thoughts posted on the web incite people to violence. Donald Trump knew he would probably lose the election so he kept saying the only way he could lose was if they stole it from him. He kept repeating it through fake news and convinced people to riot when he did lose. 6 policemen and one rioter died from Trumps rhetoric and false truths. People are in jail and families and lives ruined all because of the fake news and what people read on the web and think it is the truth. Where else in the world can a man, who was indited as president, is a convicted sex offender, has 3500 cases before the courts, caused riots , stole classified documents and the list goes on and on still be running for office and not be in jail. The Web is not a friend to democracy.

That is exactly what is happening today. Crazy warped ideas and thoughts posted on the web incite people to violence. Donald Trump knew he would probably lose the election so he kept saying the only way he could lose was if they stole it from him. He kept repeating it through fake news and convinced people to riot when he did lose. 6 policemen and one rioter died from Trumps rhetoric and false truths. People are in jail and families and lives ruined all because of the fake news and what people read on the web and think it is the truth. Where else in the world can a man, who was indited as president, is a convicted sex offender, has 3500 cases before the courts, caused riots , stole classified documents and the list goes on and on still be running for office and not be in jail. The Web is not a friend to democracy.
Funny that you mention that DD. Why isn't that man in jail ????. If Trump is guilty of that many offences .... why is he not being prosecuted ???? Why is he even allowed to run in the next election ???? Could a lot of this be fake news to discredit Trump ???? Surely, a man that has committed so many offenses, should be living out the remainder of his days at gitmo. But he still lives at Mar-A-Lago. Talking about fake news ... one of the police officers "killed" during the insurrection on Jan 6th, actually died of a heart attack on Jan 7th.
**** I should also add .... four of those police officers died of suicide in the days and weeks afterwards. Was it that traumatic for them?? Or did they know what really happened that day, and couldn't live with it??

Funny that you mention that DD. Why isn't that man in jail ????. If Trump is guilty of that many offences .... why is he not being prosecuted ???? Why is he even allowed to run in the next election ???? Could a lot of this be fake news to discredit Trump ???? Surely, a man that has committed so many offenses, should be living out the remainder of his days at gitmo. But he still lives at Mar-A-Lago. Talking about fake news ... one of the police officers "killed" during the insurrection on Jan 6th, actually died of a heart attack on Jan 7th.
**** I should also add .... four of those police officers died of suicide in the days and weeks afterwards. Was it that traumatic for them?? Or did they know what really happened that day, and couldn't live with it??
Humm having 2.5 billion dollars may have something to do with it you think

In your world Buckmark the fishing season is open all year. You never give up on trolling.
Why do you say that ??? I'm agreeing with you !! How is it possible for this guy to run in an election?? Why is he not in gitmo?? You guys are the ones with all the answers. Why has he not been charged ????
….and who’’s trolling whom ??? I didn’t see your name attached as the original poster.

What some call untruths and dangerous rhetoric, another would have called wrong-think. Ideas are not dangerous. Thoughts aren't dangerous, unless you are worried about overthrow. 50 years ago, the idea that someone could choose their gender was unthinkable. Now it is commonplace. Should those 50 years ago called it a dangerous untruth and prosecuted it? Not a one of you knows the truth. You have bits and pieces. The problem is when you think you know it all and judge others who have a different piece. Remember the parable of the 4 blind men describing the elephant?
Actually, there has pretty much always been few people that did "choose their gender" simply by dressing and acting in the manner expected of their chosen gender at that time. Sort of permanent cross-dressing.
And in a few cases over the years gender was chosen through surgery for infants or very young children that were born not being clearly make or female.
But I know what you're getting at.
On the one hand, it seems to have gone too far in terms of teaching in lower grades for example. On the other hand, who are we to dictate to, or criticize, or ridicule decent people that were miserable as the gender they were assigned at birth. If those individuals can live better lives by becoming something different who are we to say they are nit entitled or less than others.

Why do you say that ??? I'm agreeing with you !! How is it possible for this guy to run in an election?? Why is he not in gitmo?? You guys are the ones with all the answers. Why has he not been charged ????
….and who’’s trolling whom ??? I didn’t see your name attached as the original poster.
Money. Corruption. Take your pick. How often have the rich and powerful been convicted of any major crimes? Yes, it has happened. But not when it would endanger the other rich and powerful.
Money buys a very different brand of justice for those that can afford to pay. Prisons are not full of the well to do.

Money. Corruption. Take your pick. How often have the rich and powerful been convicted of any major crimes? Yes, it has happened. But not when it would endanger the other rich and powerful.
Money buys a very different brand of justice for those that can afford to pay. Prisons are not full of the well to do.
Exactly well said

Actually, there has pretty much always been few people that did "choose their gender" simply by dressing and acting in the manner expected of their chosen gender at that time. Sort of permanent cross-dressing.
And in a few cases over the years gender was chosen through surgery for infants or very young children that were born not being clearly make or female.
But I know what you're getting at.
On the one hand, it seems to have gone too far in terms of teaching in lower grades for example. On the other hand, who are we to dictate to, or criticize, or ridicule decent people that were miserable as the gender they were assigned at birth. If those individuals can live better lives by becoming something different who are we to say they are nit entitled or less than others.
My point had more to do with the social rules 50 years ago compared to today. What was illegal then is encouraged now and what was encouraged then use illegal now.
As for the 'ambiguous gender' at birth, those were ALWAYS male. Genetically male with malformed genitals. Birth defect, not some intersex person.

Discussion starter · #34 ·
Why isn’t Trudeau in jail or at least investigated for interfering in a criminal trail or a couple other things he did????
How many politicians ever even get investigated

Reactions: TrueGrit
Discussion starter · #35 ·
ALW - you need to take up golf it’s relaxing and may help your boredom issue.
I may be wrong but it seems as if you were kinda bored today and had nothing to do
A while back I thought you turned a corner and we’re going to bring some “ good” to the site as you posted a couple of vids hunting related, which I enjoyed.
But once again your back stirring the pot.
Why not post your opinions and refrain from name calling and belittling others. Ok to just poke guys a bit but no need to try and “ tear down their meathouse”

My point had more to do with the social rules 50 years ago compared to today. What was illegal then is encouraged now and what was encouraged then use illegal now.
As for the 'ambiguous gender' at birth, those were ALWAYS male. Genetically male with malformed genitals. Birth defect, not some intersex person.
Understood. What was socially acceptable has definitely changed over my lifetime and I expect it will keep changing. Some changes are positive and some not so much, as with just about everything else.

Understood. What was socially acceptable has definitely changed over my lifetime and I expect it will keep changing. Some changes are positive and some not so much, as with just about everything else.
Perspective is also, those 50 years ago thought they were just as right as those today. Without an objective standard, there is no way to say which, if any, was right.

ALW - you need to take up golf it’s relaxing and may help your boredom issue.
I may be wrong but it seems as if you were kinda bored today and had nothing to do
A while back I thought you turned a corner and we’re going to bring some “ good” to the site as you posted a couple of vids hunting related, which I enjoyed.
But once again your back stirring the pot.
Why not post your opinions and refrain from name calling and belittling others. Ok to just poke guys a bit but no need to try and “ tear down their meathouse”
I'll go one better, post some pictures or vids of YOU actually hunting instead of Youtube videos of others. I enjoy pics and vids of successful hunts, for those that actually still do. Even Joe swings by and picks up, er, catches a fish now and then.;)

"I'll go one better, post some pictures or vids of YOU..."

I will see you and raise you... how's about you wish in one hand for me to share my hunting & fishing experiences with you in one hand, and crap in the other. Which hand do you think will get filled first? I've got nothing but contempt for you, and fellas like you. Why on earth would I want to share anything with you, besides the hilarious match of wits with you and your little cookie cutter alt-right pack of laughing hyenas? Face to face I wouldn't give you the time of day, let alone swap hunting tales. :)

Do you somehow think that I need to seek confirmation or approval of you to prove my hunting credentials? It is pretty obvious from your posts that your big feeling, but get over yerself bud.

But please tell me again about who is living rent free in who's head? You are like a jilted lover. You got something you want to tell us there buttercup? :love: 🤣

21 - 40 of 59 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.