Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
The Q and A also stated that there is a process in place to utilize the meat for food banks and such. But once again not elaborate on one little bit. So if it's just the same setup that is already in place for that then it's not going to help any more than now. Having to pay out of your own pocket plus gas money and time to get only a select butcher to cut it before donating makes it not feasible for many.

I am glad to see they did say it will be does only, and not limited to only the far reaches of the watershed this time. That was just pathetic how they attempted it before.

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
If they had any brains they would do a lottery/ draw and make some money off it
Cheers
You mean like they did with the moose cull!

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
Don't get too carried away in your hopes. There was a FAQ about the "bow hunt" and one question was who would be hunting. The answer just stated that the town an DNR have a method in place to recruit qualified, proficient hunters for it and that there will NOT be an open call for hunters. The way I read that says that the average joe with a bow license will not get to do it. It didn't elaborate at all.
I guess one has to be of certain lineage?

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
They could have made a small fortune with that moose cull
Yanks would have paid good money for moose tags
Like I said if they had brains
No, the cull should have never taken place at all and any moose hunting here should remain closed to non residents.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
I had the town send me the PDF of the Q & A they had on the cull but cannot figure out how to post it here. Cannot find it on their website so I cannot even post the link to it.

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
I had the town send me the PDF of the Q & A they had on the cull but cannot figure out how to post it here. Cannot find it on their website so I cannot even post the link to it.
Does it indicate as to who will be permitted to take part ?

·
Registered
15,757 Posts
No, the cull should have never taken place at all and any moose hunting here should remain closed to non residents.
Yes I agree with that 100% but if it had to take place which is what I am talking about be smart and make some money off it

And what is a non resident in this screwed province my brother in Ohio gone I think 13 years qualifies every year for NS resident moose tag but he never puts in as does my 86 year old mother since she has a card still from the old deer tags days when every member of the family had to have one

Cheers

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
I'm already seeing comments about doe's carrying fawns that will be harvested. That should be enough for the animal activists to get it plastered all over the news and get it shut down before it starts. Why wasn't this carried out without the public knowing about it ??? Why must it be all over the news ??

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
And why bring in hunters when they could have raised $$ by having a lottery for the 20 crossbow tags. Specific areas from elevated stands for safety

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
And why bring in hunters when they could have raised $$ by having a lottery for the 20 crossbow tags. Specific areas from elevated stands for safety
My best guess is the four “hired hunters” are quite likely buddy buddy with the DNR in some way. Ridiculous that they would hire people instead of letting some hunters in. They could have easily made it into a great opportunity for disabled or veterans or something of that sort. Instead they pay some people to come do it.

·
Administrator
10,510 Posts
They just couldn't ask the general populous of " hunters" Probably scared of 4 wheelers runnin across back yards...beer cans and garbage left every where and some stuff being stolen .
😉😉

·
Administrator
10,510 Posts
🤣🤣

·
Registered
15,757 Posts
wonder if linnie got picked - he's got that great swing set setup.
Now I heard they hired the 3D team
They really didnot want to have any deer killed just hunters been seen trying knowing the odds were very slim for one being killed :p

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
My best guess is the four “hired hunters” are quite likely buddy buddy with the DNR in some way. Ridiculous that they would hire people instead of letting some hunters in. They could have easily made it into a great opportunity for disabled or veterans or something of that sort. Instead they pay some people to come do it.
Because NS doesn't give sweet F all about hunting. This hunt is only happening because a bunch of people fed deer and Truro banned hunting in their town limits and this is the direct result a nuisance problem that really has no solution besides some killing. Also we are such a cuck society that we have a bunch of karens complaining about poor bambi being killed yet they would be the first to scream their head off if the supply chain breaks down and they can't buy a chicken at sobeys or they hit a deer with their car going down the road.

21 - 40 of 76 Posts