Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apperently a couply of wild hogs/boar has been seen in maine and qeubec 2014. their spreading fast . right behind the wild turkeys . hunting for boar and turkeys is going to be awsome. NB a hot spot in a couple of years . What do you guys n gals think of that.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your absalutely right green man . spread disease too , like the turkeys and deer spreading ticks and so on. I just hope the goverment dont spend lots of tax dollars trying to stop them.no stopping them ,like the coyote. anyways i would like to see it go in a positive way, heavy hunting genarating reveneu that sort of thing. Like troy landry says CHOOT EM CHOOT EM

·
Registered
413 Posts
I think stopping the spread of wild boar into N.S would be worth spending money on.The damage they can do is extreme in places with high populations of them.They might be fun to hunt,but not worth it in my opinion.I hope they never get here.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Apperently a couply of wild hogs/boar has been seen in maine and qeubec 2014. their spreading fast . right behind the wild turkeys . hunting for boar and turkeys is going to be awsome. NB a hot spot in a couple of years . What do you guys n gals think of that.
HOG WASH !!! Where on earth did you ever hear that and who was your scource? Exactly how much weight would you place on this being truth? I have some turkey and hog hunting licences for sale if your interested.

·
Registered
292 Posts
HOG WASH !!! Where on earth did you ever hear that and who was your scource? Exactly how much weight would you place on this being truth? I have some turkey and hog hunting licences for sale if your interested.

http://www.grandviewoutdoors.com/articles/4301-public-being-asked-to-report-wild-pig-sightings#sthash.NJWNWtpU.dpbs

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news/shoot-to-kill-the-wild-boars-are-back-in-eastern-ontario

how much are those licenses Op-Dog ?? By the way, Eastern Ontario is next to Quebec

·
Administrator
10,106 Posts
They'll NEVER...EVER get past the Cougars in Fundy national Park!!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well looks like wild hogs could be a hot topic in the future when they get a little closer. Now they might start a turkey hunt this year in NB so its a given that they are there. Now for the bacon bc,ab, sk, man,ont. they hun`t them or there dealing with them, quebec has them but refuse to hun`t , S.o thats just going to help them spread. Now states side they are wide spread all across , I think its 40 something states .Don`t worry our global warming / winters will slow them down and our eastern cougars will keep them at bay lol. like to hear some positive posts , Here ill start MMMM bacon MMMM turkey MMMM baacon sorry a little homer simpson in me

·
Registered
909 Posts

http://www.grandviewoutdoors.com/articles/4301-public-being-asked-to-report-wild-pig-sightings#sthash.NJWNWtpU.dpbs

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news/shoot-to-kill-the-wild-boars-are-back-in-eastern-ontario

how much are those licenses Op-Dog ?? By the way, Eastern Ontario is next to Quebec
Sorry nsfisher, I only have provincial hunting licences, for you special deal, how many do you want? When they were talking about wild hogs back in Eastern Ontario, I thought they were refering to those senators and politicians being investigated for misuse of expense accounts. Many years ago the province was ready to sign off on the release of wild turkeys, before the acgriculture people screamed wolf and now we continue to wait... patiently... waiting...and waiting. Seriously though those wild hogs sound like a bad thing, no room for them here.

·
Registered
136 Posts
There is a very healthy population of turkeys in nb from cumberland bay, youngs cove, chipman through to minto a person could spot them every day. Though the story is majority of these birds are being hatches and released they are starting to progress in the wild and reproduce naturally. I have oodles of videos and pictures of them on my phone.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
UP DATE wild boar.ca web site reports people spoting wild boar in NB and one sighting in NS . I think its the same people that saw the cougers . check out that web site. I know there spreading but not that fast.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts