Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me or does anyone else notice that used gun prices are gone sky high. I serf Gun-Post and Firearms Canada and the prices are sky high, Handguns are way over priced it seems, 22 rifles worth $150.00-$225.00 are all $400.00 and up, old 12 gauge SXS worn out not sure if I would even fire them ,seller doesn't have much good to say about them, $350.00 plus.
I seen a 12 gauge single made in Brazil $650.00 for a 12 gauge single. As I look at mine I should be able to sell and live a very happy life.
A Ruger MK11 sell around $375.00 to $425.00 range one on there $700.00
I had one on there asking $375.00 excellent shape and the best offer was $300.00 and they wanted it shipped included.
Took the add down and marked it sold, same as my Browning Challenger asking $450.00 for that, had offer $375.00 Took that down also marked as sold.
Too bad I think, I priced them I thought lower than any I've seen on both sites but still wanted them for nothing,, Flippers I guess, but not this time.

·
Administrator
10,197 Posts
YUP...somehow this covid thingy has turned cracked and dented wood, pitted, rusted, worn steel into gold with diamond inlays !!
Everyone wants a deal unless they're selling...then it's the opposite !!
BIG Thing is....patience...your ad just needs to be seen by the right person, that's all...they'll be no dickering then Alan !

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree with you Kevin, but it makes you stop and think,, like I noticed on Gun-Post a guy had a stock and didn't know what it came off of, or what it would fit but he wanted a $100.00 plus shipping. If anybody with a clue was in need of a stock for their gun wouldn't you want to know just what your buying before you slapped down money for a piece of wood. Expensive fire wood wouldn't you say,,, lol.
One must be some careful when on these sites, and not let your wants take over your needs.
On a higher note I bought 3 MK1 magazines off Gun-Post this week, they were in excellent shape from a guy in Montreal, made my day, love the MK1 mags. convert them over to MK11 but one was just one sided so that leaves me 2 to change over, can't have too many mags, Wife asked why so many,, ready for this,,, need to buy more Rugers to go with them that's why,,, Dahhhh!

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea your right about Covid thing, last year bought those filters for your heat ducts to keep out dust at
Home Hardware , $4.97 same pack this year $9.99 came to $11.50 with tax, and yet you could buy a cast iron damper 6 inch for $9.49 where is the reason here?

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
Used Gun prices have went off the charts for about 2 years now even started before covid after remington etc closed down and covid just took it to unseen before levels
When you can sell a used cooey 84 for 650 bucks that says it all
Cheers

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea, seems like alot of these sellers are just buying and flipping and driving up the prices and causing hardship for the honest buyers, The 2 handguns that I had I think were reasonably priced compared to what I see on these sites, but if you monitor the sites like I do, (too much) you can pick out the legit and the flippers pretty quick.

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
Yea, seems like alot of these sellers are just buying and flipping and driving up the prices and causing hardship for the honest buyers, The 2 handguns that I had I think were reasonably priced compared to what I see on these sites, but if you monitor the sites like I do, (too much) you can pick out the legit and the flippers pretty quick.
Yes but not just flippers any more
When I see for example a A3 sweet 16 selling for 2300 bucks and I always figured the best I could ever get for mine is 1000 you think I am not going to list
I see a lot of that also guys that have only sold a few items so not flippers
Some are saying people are not travelling etc so have extra money when they buy guns so might have something to do with it
Cheers

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Is it just me or does anyone else notice that used gun prices are gone sky high. I serf Gun-Post and Firearms Canada and the prices are sky high, Handguns are way over priced it seems, 22 rifles worth $150.00-$225.00 are all $400.00 and up, old 12 gauge SXS worn out not sure if I would even fire them ,seller doesn't have much good to say about them, $350.00 plus.
I seen a 12 gauge single made in Brazil $650.00 for a 12 gauge single. As I look at mine I should be able to sell and live a very happy life.
A Ruger MK11 sell around $375.00 to $425.00 range one on there $700.00
I had one on there asking $375.00 excellent shape and the best offer was $300.00 and they wanted it shipped included.
Took the add down and marked it sold, same as my Browning Challenger asking $450.00 for that, had offer $375.00 Took that down also marked as sold.
Too bad I think, I priced them I thought lower than any I've seen on both sites but still wanted them for nothing,, Flippers I guess, but not this time.
I had all my firearms I had for sale lower than any other posts on GP, was losing money. In the last two years posted them three times, only got idiot offers. Took them down. When you see adds on gun post from people looking for a certain rifle and there are serval already listed, these are people wanting stuff for nothing, I don't even bother to get involved with them. Seen a 30-30 big loop laminated stock rifle which I paid $699 three years ago from Ellwood Epps now listed on GP for $2400,holey moley. According to the news every thing now is expected to double in the next month. Going to get real interesting. People seem to be selling stuff with the same idea as land and houses, marked it way up someone might buy it.

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
I had all my firearms I had for sale lower than any other posts on GP, was losing money. In the last two years posted them three times, only got idiot offers. Took them down. When you see adds on gun post from people looking for a certain rifle and there are serval already listed, these are people wanting stuff for nothing, I don't even bother to get involved with them. Seen a 30-30 big loop laminated stock rifle which I paid $699 three years ago from Ellwood Epps now listed on GP for $2400,holey moley. According to the news every thing now is expected to double in the next month. Going to get real interesting. People seem to be selling stuff with the same idea as land and houses, marked it way up someone might buy it.
I still think your levers on nutz would sell for exactly what you want
Levers IMO are like my 70 chevelle was
Those that appreciate them and want them are getting real old now and the market to sell for a good price is getting smaller and smaller
Young guys today don't want either. Yes I get real good prices for my old wingmasters since the young guys want to chop them up and make black guns out of them. Few buy them for the quality of firearm they are and leave them alone
Cheers

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Last two I sold on GP were well in range of others listed below the retail scale , so ld one to another member from here that lives locally and took $50 off my price for him without him even asking if I could go lower , all due to respect for the man and dealing with him in the past , after couple good hours as well of catching up and conversation , we both felt like we got what we wanted and fair deal was made .

The other I sold to guy in Ontario, had some wiggle room on collectors item and paid with no questions asked on price due to it's rarity even tho again I knocked few bucks off on shipping end as we agreed if shipped in full heres price due to over size , if I break it down ( 30 second job ) heres the other shipping price , worked out to be bang on by $2 for broken down , double wrapped and well pkgd in cardboard and wrapped in brown paper with all sides tapes complete to keep from damage .

Shipped choke tube same day to Ontario guy paid $40 shipped for brand new never used tube that just sat due to no use for it , never batted a eye , paid and I cleaned out unwanted item that was no longer needed and he got something for fair price .

Meanwhile you get the Flippers , want 200 questions answered , drop price by 30-40% and free shipping ! Average price now is $38-60 shipping ( not happening !)

Then again I've got several contact s who are flippers and say you interested in this if not I'll list it , if so this is my price heres shipping cost and send me the money . Do as they pkz with it , cause got what I wanted , freed up room and funds and still came on top of what i paid for it yrs back .

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
Yep shipping a gun now price wise canada post is nuts
With insurance the last one I sent to bc was 93 bucks imagine and we went 50/50 on that and I was fine since it was over a grand the gun sold for used and I had like 500 into it mind you 25 years ago
Cheers

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
Yea your right about Covid thing, last year bought those filters for your heat ducts to keep out dust at
Home Hardware , $4.97 same pack this year $9.99 came to $11.50 with tax, and yet you could buy a cast iron damper 6 inch for $9.49 where is the reason here?
Everything has been crazy for well over a year now
Just paid 10 bucks a bale for dam straw that was 5 bucks a bale in may
Try to make sense out of that
On a happy note paid 3.99 for 2x4 friday vs 11.99 in may :)
Cheers

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Ok guys i have a Lakefield Mossberg 500 in 410 i bought reasonably priced a few years ago. Since then ive added a fibre bead and sling swivel studs just to make an old guys life easier. Ive had it listed for sale/trade $400 or a 410 double, the best offer i had was about half and only 1 trade offer, boito double plus $200 from me.
Its still sitting in my cabinet. Am i asking for too much? I thought it would be a fairly easy deal but i was wrong.
I was in negotiations with another guy (started sept14th) and its still ongoing , hes self employed and claims he lost a parent. Im going to pass on this as well.

Anyone know where i could find a reasonably priced 410 double

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
Ok guys i have a Lakefield Mossberg 500 in 410 i bought reasonably priced a few years ago. Since then ive added a fibre bead and sling swivel studs just to make an old guys life easier. Ive had it listed for sale/trade $400 or a 410 double, the best offer i had was about half and only 1 trade offer, boito double plus $200 from me.
Its still sitting in my cabinet. Am i asking for too much? I thought it would be a fairly easy deal but i was wrong.
I was in negotiations with another guy (started sept14th) and its still ongoing , hes self employed and claims he lost a parent. Im going to pass on this as well.

Anyone know where i could find a reasonably priced 410 double
The 500 mossy sells for 500 new plus tax. I had one as new with a box of shells though it and got 300 but that was before the crazy prices. There is no cheap well made 410 sxs out there IMHO the cheap ones are crap. Me I would look for a CZ
Cheers

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Theres a fox 410 on gunpost Thats been listed for ages but we all know the seller in pictou.
Im half thinking i should buy new to get what i want. Sell my stevens bolt 3030 snd the 410 pump to help offset the cost

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
Theres a fox 410 on gunpost Thats been listed for ages but we all know the seller in pictou.
Im half thinking i should buy new to get what i want. Sell my stevens bolt 3030 snd the 410 pump to help offset the cost
New you are looking at about a grand plus tax for a cz or cz equivalent the huglu

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Firearms are still on sale at Greenwood CT. Call Gloria in sports, 765 6338.She may have what your looking for. I see the new Mossberg 410 down from $529 to $429 I believe there.

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Seen this posted the other day on GP just as I was going hunting, new asking $300. A rare deal I could not pass on. 20 gauge with chokes. Thats the first time I seen that pricing in a few years.

Attachments

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
Seen this posted the other day on GP just as I was going hunting, new asking $300. A rare deal I could not pass on. 20 gauge with chokes. Thats the first time I seen that pricing in a few years.
what make and model. Have never seen one like it
Cheers

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
1 - 20 of 29 Posts