Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
Winchester SXP dark earth I believe its called. I think its one of the fastest pumps today. Short 18.5 barrel but does have chokes. Good coyote gun coming out at night:)
Cool. I have seen and held the sxp but not one like that
Congrats it will make a good coyote gun
Take care

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
SuperSlicky just my opinion but don't go lower than 400 on a sale .the gun is most certainly worth that . and bunny season is coming and it will sell . agree with 3macs on the sxs if going new the CZ line made by Huglu and the Huglu line its self appear to be the better of the Turkish made sxs .

·
Administrator
10,197 Posts
Ross has a couple of 410 O/U up there Tim...Canucks and Steven's...800 before the frills. Last year,
I bought the Pointer 410 O/U for my grandson. Turkish made...nice walnut wood...5 chokes..single selective trigger. man..what a fun gun to shoot ! We love it...I mean...HE loves it..lol

·
Administrator
10,197 Posts
I think Khan arms in Turkey makes a lot of these price point shotguns now. Armsan is another division of them. I know the Webley & Scott shotguns were very nicely done! I had a 20 and a 12 ga O/U...wound up selling and trying to get my Grade VI 625 :love::love::love::love::love:

·
GREYBEARD
2,927 Posts
First time seeing a conversation on Huglu, a couple years ago I bought a Huglu 28 gauge single shotgun from Clay at Prophet River.
Great little shotgun with five Benelli Mobil style chokes.

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
Ross has a couple of 410 O/U up there Tim...Canucks and Steven's...800 before the frills. Last year,
I bought the Pointer 410 O/U for my grandson. Turkish made...nice walnut wood...5 chokes..single selective trigger. man..what a fun gun to shoot ! We love it...I mean...HE loves it..lol
I have the stevens 555 SXS in 28ga and other than it was a 28ga that I didnot have in the herd it would have stayed on the rack.Maybe 10 rounds through it
No where near the old savage 311 410 I once had or close to the quality of the CZ I have in the herd IMHO . My CZ was an early one and they say the later ones are even stamped Huglu I got it from Clay also
He sells a lot of them it seems
Then again if one is just hunting with it and not shooting any form of clay birds and high round counts all should be fine
Cheers
Wood Hardwood Wood stain Varnish Pattern

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Because of the high prices in the used market I have mostly bought new over the past while.

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
Hey Kevin. A little bird told me our friend Tim may be thinking out of the box and looking at a 28ga :)
He will see some difference over the old 410's . Only gauge I could not run them with when I was a so so shot many years ago. I called the 410 the humbler :(
Take care

21 - 29 of 29 Posts