Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who is interested in hunting Africa? What is the number one animal on your African dream list? If you have hunted in Africa before tell us what was your favorite animal to hunt?

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Gemsbok would be my #1 ,followed by kudu .Cape buffalo would also be near the top for me.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Three years ago, my wife and I travelled to Kenya for business. We did a 3 day safari while we were there. Just to see the animals, since hunting is banned in Kenya. We got to within 25-50 yards of the "big five" African animals, and all the other wildlife that call the plains home. They do not fear humans, and as long as you stayed in the jeep,you were safe. If you got out of the jeep, you were part of their food chain. My wife asked me if I would like to go hunting in Africa some day, and after some thought, I said no. I can't believe I said that. It was just so nice to see them in their natural element, that at that particular time, I was fine just looking at them. Three years later......I think Cape Buffalo would be the number one animal on my list. They are just huge and nasty.

·
Administrator
10,120 Posts
"black death" and the greater kudu..... :)

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
cuz i only hunt with a bow , a big buff would be tops on my list.

I think for sheer beauty....its hard to top an Nyala or Kudu.

Then again...all the cats are spectacular.

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
If I had to choose,it would be the Cape Buffalo ,simply because of their fierce reputation ,love it when my senses tingle!

·
Registered
100 Posts
I really didn`t wan`t to respond to this post untill i get pics uploaded but computer problem, So no drueling pics. So cape buffalo around 2000lb of course. As long as there not endangered species , rino and elephant are bigger but 1 rino are endangered and elephant , well i think the buffalo would be alot taster meat. to me elaphant would be like eating a horse. any ways this is interesting , can we do asia next. CAN WE CAN WE.

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
I'm looking at 2017 for cape buff with black widow recurve....

Reactions: Trapper Gary

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
i actually ate some last year in Africa...it was great...lean, a little tough, but I'd still give it 6 outta 10.

My favorite tho was impala or kuda...those are both a 9 outta 10 imo

1 - 20 of 24 Posts