Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy has accquired the use of alot of land and an old camp on it to use for hunting this fall but its laoded with them tiny ants we put in some ant begone but just curious as to who uses what to save their camp!?

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
google ants and boric acid (borax)

·
Registered
413 Posts
RAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!! First and then ant drops spread around, it comes in a yellow bottle, can't remember the name. Works for me at home. But the RAID will stop them in their tracks if you find the nest. Spray it around and in the holes. If they are in the camp walls you have a problem. The ant (drops) bait is supposedly taken to the queen for food. Once she dies the rest go with her. And the old timer cure I was told was to spread pepper around the nest. Apparently they don't like it.

·
Registered
264 Posts
50% icing sugar, 50% baking soda. Mix it together and pt it where they are, or on the nest. Works great on everything, but carpenter ants

·
Registered
44 Posts
go buy a couple bags of road salt, put it around the exterrior of the cabin. no more ants butit does kill the grass...

i also use Mr Clean floor/counter cleaner in a spray bottle mixed with water, about 25% cleaner and 75% water. spray the suckers and it kills them quick. this also works on fruit flies, flies, moths, spiders, hornets and anything else that crawls or flies... its alot cheaper than buying the crappy spray cans that cost 10 bucks

·
Registered
703 Posts
Borax (ant drops) works the best for me. After going through cans of raid, and all kinds of other crap it was the only thing that really worked. They lug it off to the nest and it kills the queen after a few days the whole nest is gone.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Home Defense. best stuff I have ever used. good outside and in. Pet and kid safe in an hour (once its dry). Kills just about every bug out there also. great on ticks too.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
I found them little red and white cans with the ant killer works good.Just set them around the house and after a couple of days they will be gone.I,ve also heard of the borax stuff working good aswell.

·
Registered
159 Posts
my bro swears by 50/50 mix of pinesol and water , never failed him yet , personally i use the powder from canadian tire , i think its antBgone but not sure , all i know is those big black ones are usually dead 2 days later , 2 treatments at my camp late spring and early summer and ants all gone

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
I tried every thing. What I found the best lately is the foam spray sold at Canadian Tire. Used for indoors, out doors. The foam lasts for considerable time, kills ants dead. I do my foundation, attic, gutters, works excellent.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Home Defense is what I use around the house and camp spray around the foundation and they stay away apply every year and it should take care of your problem even used it for carpenter ants.Kills every insect that comes in contact with it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts