1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
3macs1said:

“NP 3D. Man that would be some nice to win
They say worth $17,000 it that true from those that go down to NL to hunt”

Sorry to throw a wet blanket on this but if you’re so inclined to enter then good luck …..

#1.) I don’t pay anything close to $17,000 for a NL moose hunt although this raffle includes a fly in. My preference is “not” a fly-in hunt for different reasons.

#2.) No, this opportunity does not give you as much of a chance as the CB hunt (not even close). There will probably be at least a few thousand tickets sold (some are buying blocks of 10 for $100) for only ONE winner! CB draw has between 8-10,000 applications for 345 tags So do the math.

They’ve already sold more then $42,000 worth of tickets and still have more than 5 weeks of ticket selling yet. Wouldn’t be surprised if they hit $100,000 which is good for their organization. With that said my buddy and I still can’t get drawn for a CB tag (after 30 years of applying) so no chance I’ll be buying one of these raffle tickets with much, much lower odds.

I don’t doubt the Kinsmen Club can put the money to good initiatives so good luck to the lucky bugger who wins this hunt.
One huge difference. This would be a HONEST draw unlike the CB one so my odds would be much better
Screw the math and 25 bucks is nothing today to support a good cause. I can't get two tim's runs for that
Cheers

·
Registered
17,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
“3macs1
One huge difference. This would be a HONEST draw unlike the CB one so my odds would be much better
Screw the math and 25 bucks is nothing today to support a good cause. I can't get two tim's runs for that
Cheers”

Quite frankly, I was only pointing out that it isn’t true that others may be paying $17,000 for a NL moose hunt as the question was asked. Not even close. Secondly, your odds (and mine) in getting a moose tag for CB are much better according to the math Do I think the CB moose draw should be overhauled - absolutely and my past track record on this site concerning the CB hunt is clear!

Thirdly, I’m not dishing this organization so I agree with you that it’s for a good cause in fact I mentioned that the Kinsmen Club can use this money for “good initiatives” just as the annual Trappers Assoc. NL moose hunt draw at (Mountain Top Outfitters) does which (except for the last two years) I buy tickets to support.

So as louisbear says “if a trophy Bull moose hunt appeals to you then buy a ticket!“
Thanks for the clarification sometimes words can be taken different ways
We are on the same page
take care

·
Registered
17,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
The ford I should have bought.
I remember racing this car with my 70 chevelle in the late 70's and it was just an ugly ford to me
Years later it sat neglected by the side of a credit union locally and eventually sold for 1800 bucks and went to NB
What I didnot know then was this 202 two door post comet was a very rare R series dual quad 427 side oiler which later ford documented only produced SIX in the comet
R-code is Fords peak for the division's racing motor: the famous 427 dual-quad V-8 rated 425 hp, the same engine Shelby dropped in his 427 Cobra.
This pic is of it restored right back to the slicks and in 2007 valued at about 100,000 US
The last appraisal I heard a few year back was 350,000 US now
I should have bought it for the 1800 :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts