Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
161 - 180 of 329 Posts

· Registered
19,658 Posts
That looks real good Kevin man you make a huge batch when you make it
Picked up a few pounds of fresh haddock fillets for tonight with some of my garden potatoes done garlic style and some of my frozen yellow beans that is it today Nothing fancy
Cherry pie my favorite Tim would kill for even a small piece but not until sugar is controlled when ever that is :(
take care

· Registered
19,658 Posts
Nothing wrong with that my friend enjoy Have to bump mama to make some hers is way better than mine
Just asked and she says it costs now over 75 bucks to make a big pot and maybe after she gets paid my god but would not shock me since a bit of just haddock was 20 bucks today add in lobster clams scallops etc and she says the various creams she uses are now very expensive Shocked me

· Registered
19,658 Posts
Mines 100 bucks when I make it...and I get my lobster for free !!
I normally just buy one lobster since I normally have some always in the freezer stashed and this will be the same have four small packs in water no idea if they will taste OK but going in :) been there since may be june
Mama just said that 75 was like 10 months ago so she expects as you say 100 min . But worth every penny IMO

· Registered
433 Posts
With regular ground beef on sale this week @$3.99/lb 😬 i decided to give Buckmarks donair recipie a try and bubs it is VERY good.I did 3lbs and added 1 tsp of each ingredient to compensate for the extra 1lb of burger.
A snack tray of homemade cold smoked salmon some venison pepperettes blue cheese and old cheddar cheese and sun dried tomato crackers.
Thanks for sharing this recipie it will be made again.Rather than fry the meat once it was cooked in the oven we sliced it and heated the donairs up in the air fryer with tomatoes onions and mozzerella to crisp them up.So full i can hardly move😬
Food Tableware Recipe Ingredient Staple food
Food Ingredient Tableware Recipe Animal product

· Registered
4,327 Posts
Venison Stew with fresh made brown bread tonight , made for a stick to the ribs meal , Been yr since had pot of goulash , Eat more than our share of pasta , so nevervreally thought of making it again

· Administrator
11,196 Posts
was planning on getting 10 lbs of burger and doin up a few meatloaves any way...what's another 5 lb...lol

· Administrator
11,196 Posts
For those interested here is the recipie for lobster quiche.We freeze them after cooking.When wanting a meal remove thaw and heat in air fryer for couple mins to crisp them up.Very rich flavour so one piece is View attachment 99514
usually suffice for me.
NOT A CHANCE one pc for me...lol...I'd make a full meal outta that baby !!

· Registered
19,658 Posts
was planning on getting 10 lbs of burger and doin up a few meatloaves any way...what's another 5 lb...lol
We picked up some like said by Striper66 on sale this week and I made meat loafs last night not the leanest in the world but worked after the loafs were put on mesh racks with catching trays for the grease Cheers

· Registered
4,040 Posts
You need fatty Burger to make the Donair loaf. Extra Lean burger just doesn't cut it. We probably have about 200 lb of burger in our freezer and I tried it once with the extra lean, it's good but not like the fatty stuff.

· Registered
19,658 Posts
You need fatty Burger to make the Donair loaf. Extra Lean burger just doesn't cut it. We probably have about 200 lb of burger in our freezer and I tried it once with the extra lean, it's good but not like the fatty stuff.
Not for me 1/4 inch of grease in the old cookie sheet when done was more than this fat body needs taste is just part of it for me

· Registered
433 Posts
I GOTTA try that donair meat recipe...THEN, the pizza !!
Ive tried many different meat and spice combinations over the years for donair meat and this one really hit the spot.The spices seem to bind well with the regular ground beef in a way i couldnt achieve with wild meat regardless of meat to fat ratio.Thanks again to Buckmark this is now the donair go to.

161 - 180 of 329 Posts