Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The HWWA along with the Women that Hunt will be hosting the 2nd annual Woods and Water Weekend. Registration is through the Women that Hunt website and or facebook page. The weekend includes both the CFSC and Hunter Ed. open to girls and boys camp out at Smileys Provincial Park and of course a day at the Stanley Range ( Kevin, Superslickie, {Tim},Long Range {Stephen} ) are you guys in. Aug 18th should be the Range day. This is an updated version of our Major Hunter Ed course. Space is limited so if a young person in your life is interested in outdoor pursuits this could be a great opportunity.

Mike for the HWWA

·
Administrator
9,928 Posts
Hey Mike as of right now...I'm in !

I'll look after getting the ammo again for you guys and either bringing it , or getting it to you.

The Gun Dealer has been proudly supporting this, "the best hunters ed course ever..BAR NONE !! " from the get go, and I know that Ross and Justin will be only too glad to support our youth once again !!

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
I've shown the ad to my daughter and I am hoping she wants to go. She just turned 12 so all is good there, just want to make sure this is something she wants to do, not something I want her to do and she does.

·
Administrator
9,928 Posts
...buy her a new 6.5x55 show her the love, that'll convince her
laugh.png
laugh.png

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks to all the replies. Kevin give my highest regards to the guys in NB there support means everything and we mention them every gun course we teach as a place to do business. Tim good to hear your on board and lets all hope for a somewhat "dryer" day this year.

Linnie hope everything works out on your end this program is really about getting the young generations back into the Sport in as fun filled hands on activity as possible.

Mike

·
Administrator
9,928 Posts
Mike..Gary, I have the ammo for the upcoming Hunters Ed Course in August.

I took a spin up to The Gun Dealer in NB yesterday to P/U my new O/U so I got the ammo and targets from Ross and Justin while I was there !!

Gawwwwd I love
wub.png
wub.png
going shopping up there...lol

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Awesome Kevin - really appreciate their generosity, supplying ammo over the years for this fun, positive event AND kudos to you for arranging the ammo donation and working the range.

FYI - as of last Sunday, 30 youth are signed up, so it'll be a full crowd. All good!!!

·
Administrator
9,928 Posts
30...THAT'S awesome. More youngsters to get into the sport and hopefully keep it going..!!

besides that, ..we got lots of boolits for them to shoot...lol

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
I'm bringing the smoker and I'll be doing up some venison ribs for range workers
Maybe ill have a few leftovers for everyone else

·
Administrator
9,928 Posts
gary...is yours still 4314 ?

·
Administrator
9,928 Posts
Mike...Gary, do you guys need / want any more shotguns for the shotgun stations on Saturday ?

I have a nice Webley 20 ga O/U....and a 20 ga Semi Mossberg with the muddy girl pink camo..little shorter LOP for the ladies or younger guys (( this pink one was a BIG hit at the bachelor stag party shoot last weekend...lmao ))

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
pink is good & the shorter LOP will be fantastic - that'll give us 3 choices, of shotgun, for the smaller stature participants - single, pump & semi.

Appreciate it Kevin!!

·
Administrator
9,928 Posts
NP...any time brudder lol !

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Fantastic program the HWWA and other volunteers are running for the youth. Anytime you can introduce the youth to woods and waters it's a good thing. Kudos to Mike, Gary, Kevin, Tim and other volunteers taking time to do this.

A few weeks ago the Bluenose Chapter of NAVHDA held a demonstration hunt (part of the Department of Lands and Forestry led Back to Nature Youth Camp). We introduced our dogs to the youth and spent time doing bird retrieving in the field and water. The youth were very engaged and loved the dogs. The next stage in the program is the mentor hunt at a Pheasant Preserve in Amherst in early Nov. to do some pheasant hunting.

I'm thinking these programs will have a lasting impression on the youth.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts