Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new muzzie takes #11 percussion caps and they are near impossible to find so it was suggested that i find musket nipples and caps.
I gave FLINT AND STEEL a call this morning and they had what i needed in stock. I made the trip to debert this afternoon and was very pleased with what i found. They had lots of powder on the shelves, good thing i didnt have oodles of cash or they'd have it now.
Anyone who reloads has to give these guys a call theyve probably got it. Shot and wads too.
I was only going for nipples, and caps but $100 later i was out the door.

Yes i got a bottle of 777, Couldve had 3!! Bh209 too i think i saw in the vast assortment on the wall.
To day i was very impressed is an understatement. Give them a call
Brown Wood Font Rectangle Commemorative plaque

·
Registered
17,024 Posts
Rembolt shared this back in april but was also the first I heard of it. Post 39 and indicated they sell both IMO

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They have both powders, smokeless and black powder / substitute.
They converted their basement into the shop so its a decent size for a "mom and pop" shop. They will be closed end of August for vacation.
Give them a call if youre looking for something special and if they don't have it they will check with their suppliers and get a price before they order for you. Thats what theyre doing for my mold, its a double cavity 45cal 240gr R.E.A.L. minnie, ive read that they work superb in older slow twist muzzles

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I called Flint N Steel last summer and they were the only place in the World that had some Federal Premium Nosler Partition ammo in 30 06, 180 gr. Once we discovered how much it would cost to ship to Windsor, N.S. they offered to deliver it to a near by truck stop on their way through. Talk about personalized service!

·
Administrator
10,989 Posts
Sandy bought out all of Brian Densmore's remaining stock a while back. Brian is now just focused on the gunsmithing end of things..and a few firearm sales. Sandy kept the old stock powder at old stock prices...new stuff is now close to or on par with others

·
Registered
882 Posts
Picked up 5lbs of powder there yesterday. Prices,even on the fresh stuff, were reasonable compared to many I've seen lately and the prices are shown as tax in. They have a limit of 500 on primers but have a good selection in stock and they are unobtanium in many places. I didn't take any as I have a pile and figured Id leave them for people who need them more than I.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have "lots" of powder for what i do and a spare bottle for each. I picked up 777 as i was down to less than a bottle and thats not good if im testing loads in preparation for hunting season, 2 months away.
I picked up the musket nipple and caps as #11caps are scarce

1 - 10 of 10 Posts