Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new muzzie takes #11 percussion caps and they are near impossible to find so it was suggested that i find musket nipples and caps.
I gave FLINT AND STEEL a call this morning and they had what i needed in stock. I made the trip to debert this afternoon and was very pleased with what i found. They had lots of powder on the shelves, good thing i didnt have oodles of cash or they'd have it now.
Anyone who reloads has to give these guys a call theyve probably got it. Shot and wads too.
I was only going for nipples, and caps but $100 later i was out the door.

Yes i got a bottle of 777, Couldve had 3!! Bh209 too i think i saw in the vast assortment on the wall.
To day i was very impressed is an understatement. Give them a call
Brown Wood Font Rectangle Commemorative plaque

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They have both powders, smokeless and black powder / substitute.
They converted their basement into the shop so its a decent size for a "mom and pop" shop. They will be closed end of August for vacation.
Give them a call if youre looking for something special and if they don't have it they will check with their suppliers and get a price before they order for you. Thats what theyre doing for my mold, its a double cavity 45cal 240gr R.E.A.L. minnie, ive read that they work superb in older slow twist muzzles

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have "lots" of powder for what i do and a spare bottle for each. I picked up 777 as i was down to less than a bottle and thats not good if im testing loads in preparation for hunting season, 2 months away.
I picked up the musket nipple and caps as #11caps are scarce

1 - 3 of 3 Posts