Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
10,511 Posts
maybe call him back and ask him to explain what gary has hi-lighted in red. Was that changed by an order in council in 2013 ?? says that at the end.

·
Administrator
10,511 Posts
any new info yet ??

·
Administrator
10,511 Posts
Not many deer up in tree stands these days.

·
Administrator
10,511 Posts
But deer do stand 50 m behind a camouflaged ground blind 😟
Youre absolutely right ! you could be stark naked in that camo blind and from 50 m away, NO ONE will see you...orange, blue, white or nekked..if you're in an enclosed blind and the deer is between you (in the blind) and a hunter..then what diff is color going to make ??
I would like to think that some pre season scouting by BOTH parties would reveal the evidence of others in the area. Cars parked in the vicinity on a loggin road is enuff for ME to keep driving past. Not all hunters...people are like that though in this new age of hunters. Respect, courtesy and common sense are a dying breed now...sadly !

·
Administrator
10,511 Posts
I agree 1000% !!! 12 yrs old you're more than capable . NOT everyone is , but for the most part they are.

I've coached enough young shooters at the HWWA's Woods and Waters Weekends for the past 9 yrs...LOTS of 12, 13..up to 16 yr olds are more than capable of harvesting a big game animal here in NS. A little range time and some self assurance and guidance is all any one needs...regardless of age !!

·
Administrator
10,511 Posts
'They really need to address the book layout !! Your general tag is on the opposite page from the notches you need to cut out for month and day !! LOTS of folks have cut their tags out...then notched the triangles on the same page...which is wrong ! Pretty simple fix.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts